Customised coaching: how does it work?
Have you ever had any of the following thoughts?
- Our board reports are too long and complex.
- I’m spending too much of my time editing my team’s writing.
- We can’t seem to strike the right tone when writing to customers.
- Our bids and proposals aren’t winning enough business.
- My presentations are uninspiring.
- Our marketing emails just aren’t getting enough traction.
- Some of our staff are making basic mistakes in grammar, punctuation and proofreading.
If you’ve answered yes to any of the above, customised coaching for individuals and teams is a great way of developing the skills of your people.
Tailored to your needs
None of my sessions are off the shelf. Instead, I work with you to identify the specific needs of your staff to design the right solution.
Most sessions are delivered remotely, via Adobe Connect, Zoom, Microsoft Teams, for instance. (Classroom sessions are also available once the Covid-19 crisis has passed). I’ve been running remote coaching and training sessions since 2010.
Get in touch to see the kind of content I might include in a session.
Who’s the coaching for?
Anyone who has to write one or more of the following:
- emails to colleagues and customers
- bids, proposals and tenders
- technical and non-technical reports
- marketing communications
- social media posts
What’s included in a session?
Participants receive a summary of the key content, an analysis of their strengths and weaknesses and a step-by-step plan for improving their own writing. They’ll also benefit from free follow-up support for three months after the course and a copy of my writing guide: Write for results: 33 tips for getting your message across.
“A masterful writer and trainer”
During my 30-year career, Gary is without doubt one of the best professionals I’ve worked with. He’s a masterful writer and trainer, a true expert at his craft. He’s an invaluable asset to anyone wishing to improve their writing skills.